Friday, August 16, 2013

CAVERS

Still on the road in New Mexico.. Went to the Carlsbad Caverns the other day. All I have to say is I expected to get my mind blown and that's exactly what happened. I imagine alien planets with lifeforms might live in habitats similar to this. The fragile pointed formations also reminded me of elaborate European cathedrals for some reason as well. These caves are made up of mostly stalagmites and stalagtites and thousands of years ago it was a coral reef at one point. It's one of the most amazing places I've ever been to in my life. Even these photos don't do this natural wonder justice. The sheer size of the caves are overwhelming. One of the cave walks we went on was equivalent to the size of six football fields. It took about an hour and a half to walk. And that was just one cave. So far, New Mexico is AMAZING. It truly is the Land of Enchantment.


















To give you a scale of this massive cave, there is a person in the bottom leftish corner of this photo.



No comments: