Tuesday, September 10, 2013


Thanks to Quin for sharing this on facebook. This is a really cool idea. It makes total sense so we will have to see how many actual companies would be open to working on an idea like this. I think it's a great idea because not only will it allow product transparency as far as limiting waste if your phone breaks, but it will also potentially diversify the personal technology market.  I also think these huge companies like Apple would not willingly want the market to go this way as it's pretty obvious Apple relies on their customers to buy their latest, exclusive gadgets. In the end, as a consumer, if I could choose to consume towards a product that can help redefine the way we consume electronics altogether, that would be a worthwhile adventure for the environment. Because honestly, the only thing I like about my iphone is instagram. And I don't even have to have an iphone to have it. I mean who knows how well these phones work but I just bought a printer today with a clear lid so I'm pretty convinced anything can happen.

No comments: